A step-by-step process to apply to the Designated Manager for registration as a trade marks or patent incorporated attorney.
Step 1: Check that you're eligible
To register as an incorporated attorney, you must:
- Have a registered attorney acting as attorney director
- Be a registered company
- Have adequate and appropriate professional indemnity insurance.
Step 2: Submit your application for registration
Your application for registration will be considered by the Designated Manager. Submission of your application is a two step process.
- Pay the registration fee
First, you'll need to pay the registration fee via IP Australia's online services. Payment through IP Australia’s online services is quick and easy. It should only take 10-15 minutes.
You'll need to attach your receipt to your application.
Submit your application
You'll need to submit the following information to the Designated Manager for consideration:
- Application for registration form
- A certificate of registration
- A certificate of currency for professional indemnity insurance
- A receipt of payment.
Once completed, combine the documents into a single PDF.
You'll be notified of the outcome within 15 business days.